IT Technician Level 1
CDM Electronics is seeking a dynamic IT Technician (Level 1) to join our team. This position is in our corporate office located in Turnersville, NJ.
Duties To Include
- Be the level 1 support for all incoming calls/emails/tickets etc.
- Support and maintain software applications to include prompt addressing and resolution of software related issues.
- Provide ongoing user support and resolution for system, application and/or data issues.
- Plan and conduct preventive maintenance including installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, etc. (Conduct post maintenance follow-up).
- Participate in the development and presentation of user training programs.
- Develop and maintain business and technical documentation in support of software applications and interfaces.
- Identify and recommend as appropriate, software related products and services to improve existing processes.
- Assist in periodic upgrades including feature evaluation, implementation, communication and postproduction end user support for systems.
- Develop user guides for customers and internal help desk
- Work with system functional owners to strategize and alleviate any recurring customer support issues
- Analyze and implement tool to improve customer service, including self-service help, video etc.
- Track and report customer support tickets counts, response times, demographic trends etc. to improve customer support
- Collaborate with customers, business analysts and cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to commonly occurring support issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detail-oriented and process-driven
- Stays current and informed with industry best practices
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on achieving goals through problem solving and collaboration
- 1 year of experience providing support in a professional IT environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience/certification
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Google Sheets or Excel for reporting purposes
- Familiarity with enterprise-level software like Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office 365, GSuite, etc.
- Experience working with a ticketing system (ex. Zendesk, etc.)
- Experience working with an RMM system (ex. NinaRMM, Kaseya, Connectwise, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the following IT platforms and concepts: O365/Exchange, Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS
- Working knowledge of SQL database administration
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or familiarity with MRP/ERP systems
- PTO – Vacation, Personal, Sick time
CDM Electronics Inc. was founded in 1993 and specializes in the authorized distribution of interconnect products and the manufacturing of engineered cable assemblies. CDM is headquartered in Southern New Jersey, operating from a 43,000 square foot, state-of-the-art distribution and manufacturing facility. CDM maintains a 25,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Salisbury, MD, along with a regional sales office and warehouse facility in Richardson, TX. In providing unsurpassed customer service and technical support, CDM has become a valued partner to leading military contractors, aircraft manufacturers, communications providers and medical diagnostic equipment leaders.